It’s Holiday season once again, aside from gift giving, this the season where we want to eat and drink to our heart’s content (I know you do!) which will result in gaining extra pounds. But did you know that there’s some tricks you can do to avoid holiday weight gain? Read on!
- Chew Slowly. The quicker we eat, the less time the body has to register fullness . So slow down and take a second to savor each bite of mouth watering turkey you are eating.
- Save the calories for your favorite treats. I know how you love to eat something sweet on holiday so I won’t stop you but eat the one that you really like and then move on.
- Use smaller plates. Smaller salad plate (8-10 inches) instead of a tray-like one (12 inches or more) can actually make us feel fuller with less food. The brain associates a big white space on the plate with less food (and smaller plates generally require smaller portions) .
- Exercise. Just because it’s holiday it means you can now slack off. Make it a point to spend a few minutes each day doing squats and lunges. This will help you burn off those extra pounds you’re bound to gain.
- Get Enough Sleep. Though Holiday season means long break from work, you can sleep late at night. Getting enough sleep can help shave off some pounds, since sleep loss is linked to changes in appetite.
My cousin, Nica, have been married for three years and been trying to have a baby since then. But they’re having trouble since she and her husband are already in their late 30s. A friend of mine who had troubles conceiving before advice her to start taking supplements to improve her health and increase her chances of getting pregnant.
Many women find that they need to give their fertility a boost, but often are a little afraid of undergoing traditional fertility treatments like IVF. Not to mention the fact that they are crazy expensive, fertility treatments are very time consuming, invasive, and they come with no guarantees that you will get pregnant. Many women are surprised to find that there are actually natural fertility supplements out there that can go a long way towards boosting fertility while protecting women from the potentially harmful side effects associated with traditional fertility treatments.
Usually called fertility blends, these supplements combine several popular natural/herbal fertility boosting ingredients into one easy to take pill for women who want to improve their fertility in a natural way. These supplements can be purchased online without a prescription, and they are very affordable, which makes them a great choice for women from all walks of life. To learn more about fertility blends or natural fertility supplements, check out http://www.pregnancytips.org.
There’s no doubt that music relieves the worn out soul. No matter what kind of music it is, even if it’s the song after a break-up, or something relaxing to listen to while you read a book, there are countless ways that music makes our hearts and souls feel better. Research even shows that music can have benefits for our bodies, too.
Since stress is the cause of many illnesses, one can certainly reduce the risk of getting these diseases by listening to music, much effective if you have a musician friends who can sing you live.
Acts as a painkiller
Not only can listening to music reduce depression, stress and anxiety but it can also relieve pain as well, as it causes endorphins to be released when one is listening to music that they enjoy everyday.
Since music has a balancing effect on stress and anxiety, listening to music while going to bed can be very beneficial as it calms the mind, thus resulting in a good night’s sleep.